Air France has put everything in place to guarantee that little globetrotters have the trip of their lives. With our Kids service* our priority is to maximise comfort and well-being for families: personalised services at the airport, special meals for children, onboard entertainment and more.
Are you traveling as a family? With our Kids service, our top priority is to maximize comfort and well-being for you and your family: personalized services at the airport, special meals for infants and children, onboard entertainment and more. Our cabin crew makes sure your flight is a truly pleasant experience.
TOTAL COMFORT FOR YOU AND YOUR CHILD
ARE YOU TRAVELING IN THE BUSINESS CABIN AND WANT TO ENJOY OUR COMFORTABLE LOUNGES AT PARIS-CHARLES DE GAULLE AIRPORT?
We provide a Kids space inside the lounge at Terminal E, Boarding Gate M, so that your children also have a chance to relax. For the summer vacation period in France, we have also prepared 2 additional Kids spaces in the Terminal E lounges at Boarding Gates L and K. These areas offer your children PlayStation Vita consoles, board games and kids’ magazines.
– Travel is not recommended for infants in the 7 days following birth.
– Avoid travel if your infant is ill.
– Bring enough bottles and food for the trip.
– Please remember to bring the items you need for changing your infant (diapers, wipes, etc.).
– Make sure your infant drinks amply during the trip.
– Prior to departure, please remember to make sure you have all your child’s documents required by the police, customs agents and immigration officers at your destination country.
– If you are bringing a stroller on board, please remember to affix a label displaying your contact information (name, address, phone number and e-mail).
– If your child is receiving medical treatment or suffers from travel sickness, please remember to bring his or her medical record and medications.
– Choose comfortable and warm clothing (sweaters and socks).
– During take-off and landing, give your child a piece of candy or chewing gum, or a pacifier, bottle, lollipop or cookie for infants, to reduce possible earaches.
Please note: Any child who is traveling unaccompanied by a parent or legal guardian must obtain authorization to leave the country (known as an AST).
Every child* must be accompanied by an independent adult who is at least 18 years of age. The accompanying adult may be under the age of 18 if he or she is the child’s father, mother or legal guardian.
The child and the accompanying passenger must travel in the same cabin. If this is not the case, the child is considered an unaccompanied minor (UM).
A passenger may accompany 2 infants (under 2 years of age). In this case, the booking must be made by telephone. One of the 2 infants must occupy an individual seat reserved at the child fare, and must be strapped into an approved infant car seat or carrier.
* Up to 12 years of age for flights within metropolitan France and flights to/from French overseas departments and territories, and up to 15 years of age for international flights.
When your child travels with you, you may be eligible for a reduction on your child’s ticket if the chosen fare allows it. This reduction can be up to:
15% on short-haul flights,
33% on medium- and long-haul flights.
If your child is under 2 years of age:
he or she can travel on your lap at no extra charge on flights within metropolitan France, or at a reduced fare on international flights,
you can also reserve a seat for your infant and benefit from the fare reduction listed above.
Please note: you must reserve a seat for your infant if you are traveling in the La Première cabin.
If your child turns 2 years old during your trip, the child discount applies to all the flights in your itinerary. The infant discount does not apply in this case.
YOUR CHILD’S BAGGAGE
CHILDREN UNDER 2 YEARS OF AGE
Learn more about the types of strollers accepted in the cabin on the Air France Shopping site
If you have reserved a seat for your infant, he or she receives the same baggage allowance as an adult. If your infant is traveling on your lap, you can transport for him or her:
a hand baggage item up to 12 kg / 26.4 lb and whose dimensions do not exceed 55 cm x 35 cm x 25 cm / 21 in x 13 in x 9 in, an additional baggage item weighing up to 10 kg (except Light fare tickets, which require an additional fee to transport baggage in the hold).
TRAVELING WITH A STROLLER
You can transport a foldable stroller and car seat in the hold at no extra charge. Some strollers may be accepted in the cabin, subject to space availability. Depending on the type of stroller, the following size limits apply.
Small foldable stroller:* dimensions cannot exceed 15 cm x 30 cm x 100 cm / 5.9 in x 11.8 in x 39.4 in
Other foldable stroller: this replaces the hand baggage allowance for infants and its dimensions cannot exceed: 55 cm x 35 cm x 25 cm / 21.7 in x 13.8 in x 9.8 in
Please note: strollers must be packed in a carrying case that covers the stroller fully. In addition, for security reasons, some airports may have to deny access to strollers inside the boarding areas.
* Space permitting on long-haul flights, except between metropolitan France and Cayenne, Fort-de-France, Havana, Mauritius, Pointe-à-Pitre, Punta Cana, Reunion, Saint-Martin and Santo Domingo.